Issues:SharePoint Foundation 2013 Prerequisites installation(off line) on Windows Server2012 R2

Leave a Comment
Hi All,

Today I came across a situation where I need to install SharePoint Foundation 2013 on Windows Server 2012 R2 in Off-line Mode. As we don’t have an Internet Access in Servers.

So I have downloaded All required Prerequisites from the below site and started Installing one by one. (Order doesn’t matter, only AppFabric need to installed last)


Being a SharePoint Developer, I Never got a chance to install SharePoint. So this post is talking about the issues I faced in my first trail of installing SP2013.

Issue:
Installation of MS Identity Extensions requires windows identity foundation v1.0 to be installed
Resolved by installing Microsoft Identity Foundation using Roles and Features Wizard.


Issue:
AppFabric installation failed because installer MSI returned with error code: 1603

To resolve this issue, As many blog posts are talking we need to check/correct PSModulePath (System Properties -> Environment Variables -> System Variables)will resolve the issue.

Some blogs are saying, we need to delete the local groups called “AS_Observers” and “AS_Administrators” if exists.

I have done the both of them but nothing helps.
I got the resolution by following below blog post:
Install Web Server (IIS), .Net Framework 3.5 using Roles and Features (Server Manager) wizard.
I have followed the same steps, mentioned in above post. App Fabric is successfully installed.

NOTE: I haven’t run the App Fabric Configuration Wizard, as we can do that later.
Installed, Cumulative Update Package 1 for Microsoft AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server (KB2671763).

Now, I have tried to install the SharePoint Foundation but failed to install, again I got the issue like 

“Windows Server AppFabric is not correctly configured. You should uninstall Windows Server AppFabric and reinstall it using the SharePoint Products Preparation tool”

Uninstalled and installed several times by restarting the server. No use.
Finally, after uninstallation of AppFabric ,Now I had installed it by using below approach
Navigate to set file folder in command prompt and run the below line.

WindowsServerAppFabricSetup_x64.exe /i CacheClient","CachingService","CacheAdmin /gac

Then restarted the server, now I am able to install the SharePoint Foundation 2013 on Windows Server 2012 R2.

This is how I managed to install,hope it helpful.

Thanks.




Related Post

0 comments:

Post a Comment